Monday, October 2, 2017

I want something just like this

Whenever we get onto year the words of our living apostles and prophets, it never ceases to amaze me how much I missed now that I listen to them with intent. General Conference is such an amazing opportunity for us to receive continued guidance for our life. I asked so many questions, some which are personal but some that I would like so share here. One of them being, Is this church even true. 

I loved President Nielsen talk where he discussed the power of the book of Mormon. How it will help you not only get closer to christ, but it will "Help you make better decisions." I love that. I've come to find on my nearly 17 months of service, missionaries don't always make good decisions. I am in this boat. I have made some not so smart decisions on my mission and in my life that I regret and I work to repent for each day. I have found, as I related last week, that as you study the book of Mormon temptation will lessen, or on other works, the strength to fight temptation will increase. 

I asked two great questions, one of them was how can I become a better missionary. Talk after talk I had my question answered. Elder Christofferson said, "Let us not be content with who we are..." Elder Evans invited me to "be willing to act and not be acted upon"--He actually said this twice soooo... We know that when something is repeated it's important. Elder Bednar said, "Press forward  submissively" which in turn means become more like Christ. Christ submitted to the will of the Father. I need to do the same. I also loved Elder Callisters talk where he goes off on the reasons people doubt the book of Mormon. That was legit. Amen amen bruddah.

Between the morning and afternoon session Baylee was baptized! I have been a scrub and haven't talked about her a whole lot but she has been meeting with missionaries for a long time. She is 12 almost 13 years old and was GLOWING yesterday at her baptism. She was just so happy to be able to feel herself be clean. She is such a great girl who loves the gospel. We can't wait to see her continue to progress in the gospel. 

That's about it for this week. We went on exchanges with the Assistants so that was fun. Transfer calls are on Saturday. I don't want to leave to say the least. Elder Jessop--My trainer--Is going home. So that'll be sad... He told me to the other day that he is tired... Very tired. He has worked really hard his whole mission. I'm so happy that I was taught by such a great missionary. He has been a phenomenal example to me my whole mission. 

Love yall. Read the book of Mormon this week and see what it will change in your life. 

Love 
Reese. 

Explains our district to a "T"

Baylee!!! And her dad who was able to baptize her. Such a great service.


Not much beats a Tennessee sunset. Well... A Hawaiian sunset does.


No comments:

Post a Comment