Monday, September 25, 2017

Sunday morning rain is fallin...

"And thus we see the trials and tribulations of the missionaries in T-Stat 1. Nearing the end of the 2017th year of our Lord, Elder Maxfield desireth a nap." --Reesiniha 2:17

That might be one of my favorite scriptures ever. So something pretty cool happened this week. We had Elder Gong of the presidency of the 70 come and visit our mission and I'll be honest. I didn't really get anything from the visit.... Until our meeting on Saturday. We had 3 meetings, Thursday Friday and then Saturday. In the meeting on Saturday everything tied together. It all began to make sense. One of my favorite things that I learned is that commitment is ESSENTIAL in repentance. I've thought a out that a lot. We cannot Repent of things if we are not committed to keeping that promise. There is no point. We must be committed. 

Some more pretty cool thing happened this week. We had an investigator let us come by and he let us fry his DJI Drones. Let's just say... I'm sold. Just another thing that I'm buying when I get home. But Jeff is doing super well. He is studying the book of Mormon. He told us that we have him about, .5% interested, but that is a lot for him. We are trying to get him to church, and he said that he will make it someday. He is so funny.

Another lady we are teaching, Patti, has been reading the book of Mormon as well. She has been changing. Her heart has been softened. She isn't just ready to be baptized, but she is just about there. The Book of Mormon has changed her life. Even if she can't see it yet. 

Another things I am seeing a lot of is how much the Book of Mormon WILL change your life. People tell me all the time that the book or Mormon isn't true... Have you read it? The book or Mormon is one of the best keys to your salvation. If you aren't of this faith and don't believe if it is true. Ask yourself this question, what if it is? What if the book or Mormon is true. That would mean Joseph Smith is a prophet. But if it's not then he is a fraud, a liar and has brought and deceived MILLIONS of people. What if the book is true? Then the authority of God is back on the earth today. I want to challenge yall to read the book of Mormon. Ponder the message it contains and then ask God. I promise you he will answer. But please remember, sometimes the answer is just Peace. Sometimes God places small things in our path to answer questions we have. The Book of Mormon has changed my life. How can it change yours? 

I know that families can be together forever. I know that we will see our families again. Sometimes lives get cut short, but God knows our trials. He knows what we go through. As you draw near to him he will draw Nearer to you. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen 


Love yall 
Reese

Flying drones with Jeff 

Franklin Zone with Elder Gong. 

Ooohhhhh yeaaaahhhhhhhh

Throw back?

No comments:

Post a Comment