Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase!

So... Let's just say that this area is the most diverse area I've ever been in. We are teaching immigrants from everywhere. Literally. Congo, Kenya, Somalia, Burma, ect. So I'm trying so hard to learn some basic things in Swahili, Burmese, and kenyorowanda. Along with Spanish because we are living with the Spanish elder and we got to Spanish dinners with them and also Portuguese because some African countries speak Portuguese as well.... Soooo... Who knows anymore. I'm going to try and summon all my friends languages. Ready? Hannah Give me Portuguese--Derek give me spanish--And that's all I got. Anyone who speaks Swahili send it to me. 

This week has been absolutely nuts. There are so many people up here that we are trying to teach. Before we got there the sisters were trying to teach all of these people. So we now split the area with them and took about half of their investigators and we have about 50 new, progressing, potential and other investigators. And probably about 75 dropped investigators. So about 125 investigators were given to us. It's absolutely crazy. So I'm completely overwhelmed. I'm not going to sugar coat it. My mind is going to explode. So many people when I have to remember their names and stories and such. It will be fun. Plus we have about 600 people on role here with about 180 people in attendance.  Way to many. 

It's so much fun up here. It's like little Africa. I love it. I will get more accustomed to the area within the next few weeks. We have people who want to get baptized who get drunk on  the weekends and then others who don't want to get baptized, because they are earnestly trying to see what church is true. Some of them are so sweet. Some of the cutest kids ever. 


That's pretty much all I got for the week! I'm sure more stuff happened but my mind, it's about to explode.

Love yall! 

Reese

                                 We played Pakistani. Last one with the Franklin T-Stat district. I love em 


                   This is the Kropach family. We made Ti-Tye shirts. It's was cool. I'm gonna miss these kids. 


Try reading this. This is Swahili. 


No comments:

Post a Comment