Monday, July 17, 2017

Was in a Rob Thomas mood today as I write this but oh my goodness this week was LEGIT!! 

So let me take you back to biblical times--Thursday of last week... (Respond to this if you got that reference) So since Elder Overfield has been here he has had 5 baptisms. Two of them got switched out when the ward split 8 weeks ago. Right before I got here. So 3 of those baptisms are still active. The oldest of those baptism site 23. His name is Blake. Then Lexie and Martha are both 16. Lexie was baptized last week. Anyway, on Thursday we were able to attend the temple with them all for the first time!!! Along with the other 32 youth who came along! It was AWESOME!! The temple is so cool. The spirit is so strong inside the temple. Pictures will come at the end. 

Transfer calls happened this week! 

After the temple on Friday we had a lesson with an inactive family. They haven't been to church in years. So we were able to get in contact with them a few weeks ago and have been teaching them the lessons. Their progress is slow BUT the kids all came to church today!!!!!! Sarah, Chris, and Travis. Chris and Travis aren't baptized so there is potential there. They are super great kids. There is so much potential here in this area. 

Back to transfer calls. Elder Overfield will be leaving to go whitewash train in Princeton KY. I will stay here and receive Elder Quiring. I don't know a whole lot about him. All I know is that we will be the newest Zone Leaders in the mission in terms of time being ZLs. 

That's about it for this week! It was super hot and it rained quite a bit! I love life without a car! 

Love yall! 

Reese

Temple on Thursday!!! Blake, me, Lexie, Martha, elder Overfield 

This one just with Blake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment