Monday, July 24, 2017

I ain't as good as I wanna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Ain't that the true Timmy. 

First of all I want all y'all to know. I'm tired. Let's just say that when I get home, a grand ol nap is in order. But I'm not home so back to missionary work. 

Phew, almost fell asleep lol Anyway,
This week some work was put in. Elder Quiring got here on Tuesday and he is a stud. He is from Utah. Wherever Lone Peak High school is. That's where he went. Cedar Hills I think is where he is from. But we have been out here in the hot sun knockin on doors till our knuckles bleed. One of the doors that I knocked on was soooo hot that it hurt to touch. No one answered so... Yah. But some cool stuff is going down. 

First of all, Chris Travis and Sarah, all less active/unbaptized members came to church? This week we set Chris and Travis on date for August 2nd!!! We had such a great lesson with them on Friday. We asked them if they needed a ride to church and they said nope their mom would take them! So we had the whole family at church! They haven't been to church since like 2009. Super exciting for them as they prepare for the baptism of Chris and Travis. Sarah and their mom are already members so they just need to get active again. Once again the youth in the ward are coming in clutch in helping them feel loved and welcomed. Sarah was able to go to youth night on Tuesday with some of the other young woman.  She loved it. We had a lesson with the them yesterday and it was once again fantastic. 

Don't have a whole lot else to talk about. Not exactly sure where this week went. Oh I did get a cool new bag! The missionary who went home last week gave me his bag. It's one of those tactical shoulder bags? I'll send a picture of it but on Wednesday we went to Lawrenceburg for a district meeting and we went to an army surplus store and I bought some patches to go on the bag. They are legit. One says "God's army." It's pretty sweet if I do say so myself. 

Read the book of Mormon this week. A page a day. It will change your life. I promise. 

Love youins,
Reese 

Bye Elder Overfield 

  Bag, Patches, and sweet 101st airborne sticker--That is the unit that is at the army base in Clarksville. 


MLC 

      Elder Jessop said, "My son's, who I am well pleased" He might get stuck by lightning for that one. 


Elder Quiring sweat stained his tie. Let's just say, it was FLIPPING HOT

No comments:

Post a Comment