Monday, July 10, 2017

Even in the darkness, carry your torches

Hey Jack, 14 months strong and i still have song lyrics to title my weekly emails

Oh man, oh man... These weeks are literally just flying by. It seems like I just got here to Spring Hill Last week. I was looking around at church today and i already know everyone in the ward. Well... at least know their name. I really hope to continue to get to know all of them really well in the next while, during my time here. 

Its really strange because i see and meet so many people every day. A lot of those people are actually from California. Yesterday we tracted into a guy from Thousand Oaks. When people ask me where i'm from I don't even say "Bay Area" anymore. I say, "Do you know where Tracy is?" and usually they say yeah. I met someone who went to Tracy High a few weeks ago. Haha small world.

We tracted all week this week. I would bet that is knocked more doors in this transfer than in all of 2017. Its mostly just because we don't have a whole lot of investigators, or even less actives. Those who are less active don't want to have missionaries come back. They are sick of people coming by. SO! We knock on doors. It is nice to have doors to knock on though. In Morgantown, there were not enough doors to knock on all year long. 

OH!!!! FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! I totally forgot about that. SO we had a great day on Fourth of July. We have some other missionaries who are in the other ward here in the city. We were on exchanges with them. So we are cruising around town and Elder Sanchez--from Corona CA--Friends with Stephan----Say "We need to represent America better." So we go to Walmart to get some Flags. Later on in the evening, after we had taped 2 of the flags to our bike rack and the other 3 are being held out the windows of the passengers, I look behind me and see blue lights... 

Sweet. I wasn't speeding.. @tiwi. I had my blinkers on. I wasn't breaking any laws. 

Anyway, I pull over and the Lady Officer comes up to the window and says "Sorry guys, I have to be a party pooper but you cant have your arms out of the window while you're driving." I said "Alright sorry about that" --"Alright your guys have a good evening!" 
And that was the end of that! 

So we came to the conclusion that she probably thought we were drunk and the arms out the window was just an excuse to pull us over. But that was fun. 

We had to go in early, but when it got dark we got on the roof of our home and watched fireworks for a while. It was so much fun! 

Anyway it was a great week. I hope yall had a great week as well!

Love


Reese


Firework watchin.

I made this a few days ago for lunch. Let's just say... ðŸ¤¤



No comments:

Post a Comment