Monday, May 8, 2017

Can't you see that it's just rainin, ain't no need to go outside

I will add to Jack Johnson, we go out anyway. Even if it is raining... Cuz we are missionaries. 

Week 52 is in the books! A year ago I was in the MTC! Can't believe it. But I've learned so much this past year. One of them being how much someone can change. Meaning  myself. I never thought that my mission would change me as much as it has. There is a literal physical difference that I've seen. I did the notice it until I was kneeling down in prayer, going through a hard time trying to figure out somethings. I was asking for help; of course I was crying but I got up to go to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. God showed me how much I had changed. I visibly saw it. It was astounding. There are things that I saw in me that I would never had seen a year ago.-- there's a lot more to this so mom; ask me about it when I call home on Sunday

But since last week we became a ward I wanted to go on exchanges so that we can get to know the other members in the new part of the ward. I went up to Hartford with Elder Olsen. It was so much fun. For those of you who don't remember who elder Olsen is we were serving in the same district when I was back in Murray. People ask us if we were companions. But we weren't. We are just good buddies. But we worked hard. It was the end of a long day and we were driving around and we found a few kids who were playing soccer. So we went up to them and asked if we could come play with them. They said "No..." We asked why?? They said "well you're wearing that shirt, those pants and those shoes." We were like "so??" Note... These guys were Mexican and barely spoke English. Long story short we start kicking the ball around with them and then before we know it another 20 people show up and we are playing a full soccer game on a tennis court. It was so much fun!!!!! I scored 2 goals! More goals than I've ever scored in my soccer career!! Elder Olsen had one. But it was an own goal... So we don't count it. But our team did;) but it was super fun. Also super funny. We asked one of the guys where he was from and he said "Here..." In a SUPER thick accent. So we just said cool. But we knew her wasn't from here haha. We talked with one of the kids who was our age and he was telling us about how there are a lot of illegals here and how he is one too. He said that they probably thought we are immigration coming to get them..... So that was funny. 

But anyway. We took on Elder Andersons advice and used the basketball court on Saturday night! We invited some youth to come play ball with us! We had 3 non members come!!!! There were only 9 of us so that's a pretty darn good turn out!! One of them came to church the next day! We will keep you posted on that. Bishop loved the idea. So do the Curtis's (Senior couple--Mom and dad's age) so we are going to keep doing that. 

Other than that we are still struggling to find people but we know they are out there!!! 

I LOVE my mission so much. It has been the best year of my life and I can't wait to push forward with this next year. 


Love yall!!

Reese 
 The shirt burning at the year mark! 

Pretty creepy mirror in the park. 

 summer is coming!!

I need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment