Monday, April 24, 2017

It's time to trust my instincts; close my eyes, and leap...

Oh... Oh dear. What a crazy week. I think I always am saying  that but it's true. Every week in the mission field is a crazy one. But I love it. 

We started off this week remembering that we don't have anyone to teach. After Saturday we only have one investigator. WILL!!! HE IS ON DATE!!! Mark your calendars yall. June 3rd!! That's his date! He needs to quit smoking and drinking! He also needs to come to church! So a lot of things but we have faith that he will make it. I love that guy. He is awesome and will be a great member of the church. 

Pause... 

Transfers are this week but no need to fear! Elder Fast and I are staying together for another transfer! I'm really excited. The past week had been really good and we are becoming better teachers the more we practice and.. Actually teach people haha! But around the zone, My home boy Elder Taylor (When I was back in Clarksville 1) Is now my zone leader with the one and only ELDER JESSOP! I can't even explain how excited I am to go on exchanges with them. Oh. And now the zone leader area is in Clarksville 1!!!!!! So I'll get to go on exchanges in my old ward!!!!!!!!!! SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!

Play....

We also began going around, working with members asking them for referrals! Tracting just does not work in this area. The people will not listen to us so we are really trying to focus on gaining the trust of the members so that we can get them to share the gospel with their friends. People will not listen to you here if they do not know/trust you. So that's why it is KEY that we need to work through the members to recieve referrals. And guess what. It's working. We have received 8 referrals in the past week. So many we have not even been able to contact all of them. We are going to continue to be working with the members and contacting these people as fast as we can!! 8 referrals is more referrals than have been given in a LONG time. I'm so happy that the member here trust us. We keep getting compliments on how sincere we are and how much we care. I love this branch. We are going to make a ward! ;) Hint hint.... 

Well anyway I am so happy that I get to stay here. I'll be honest I've thought a lot about other places that I would rather serve. I've thought about how stinking hard this area is, but I gained understand that I am needed here. I love it here. I am so happy that we were able to have some baptisms this week!!! Nick and amber were baptized yesterday. The service was super weird. It kinda fell apart but the baptism was done! It happened! Barely! But it happened! It was a great. 

That's about it! We worked really hard this week. And that's all there is too it. 

Love yall!! Lots of pics 

Reese

The district 

So I helped fix a car. But I was first in white shirt and tie. Those are now ruined. Mostly my pants and the shirt. The tie is okay. But this is from only 15 min under the car. I was in pros for the other hour... Oops lol

Post baptism shake:30

Blocking in the Curtis's 

No comments:

Post a Comment