Monday, March 27, 2017

There must be something in the water

Good Morning yall! I'm sending this off early because I dont know when ill have wifi today. we are going down to Clarksville for Pday and then on exchanges up in Hopkinsville! Should be fun!

Wowza... what an interesting week. So basically.... this week was great! A finally got baptized on Friday!!!! It was awesome!!! She has been so excited to get baptized for a long time now. President Dennis, came up and interviewed her, said that her son could get blessed as a baby that Sunday!!! So she asked me to preform that blessing... but it didn't happen yesterday. It will be done after conference. 

Let's see... Elder Fast is finally getting better. He hasn't thrown up all week. My birthday was boring. Elder Fast ate some mushrooms that he is allergic to on Monday night and was sick all tuesday. So we had to stay in. We tried to find members to come watch him while i went out with some other people but no one was available that day. I thought I would get really anxious/depressed/annoyed becasue i was in the apartment for 4 days pretty much but PRAYER WORKS! I asked God to help me get through it. He did. I actually learned a lot from us not being able to go out. 

Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting. I was super worried about how I was going to present it, but when I gave the talk everything came out the best way that i wanted it to. I referenced a talk from the October 2004 General Conference Titled "Press On" And it says this. Sorry im not going to translate it to Portuguese or Spanish or whatever language you may be speaking. 

"No one is immune from Satan’s influence and temptations. Do not be so proud to think that you are beyond the adversary’s influence. Be watchful that you do not fall prey to his deceptions. Stay close to the Lord through daily scripture study and daily prayer. We cannot afford to sit back and take our salvation for granted. We must be anxiously engaged our whole lives. These words of President Brigham Young motivate and remind us that we can never give up the fight to endure: “The men and women, who desire to obtain seats in the celestial kingdom, will find that they must battle every day [for this sacred goal].”"

SO. I have the question. Are you battling? Are you fighting each day for that seat? Will you earn it? 

I love my mission. Every minute of it. 

Love yall 

Reese

My Family is the best family! Thank you so much!!!

So. Many. Post-it. Notes. Time for a clean up

No comments:

Post a Comment