Monday, March 20, 2017

Im nOt CrAzy im just a LitTle UnWell

Oh my goodness... So Elder Fast (My new companion) has been sick for the past couple days and its Sunday evening. He has been throwing up since Friday morning... Soooo... we called the mission nurse the next day and she told us to stay inside.... WELL we didn't. Ashley and Will GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!! They are our two most progressing investigators. Ashley will be getting baptized on Friday! I am so excited for her! Will has the desire to be baptized, but he still smokes and hasn't been to church yet... but he wants to be baptized. So excited.
So we then stayed inside and elder fast continued to be sick through the day. We decided that we needed to go to church even though he still wasn't feeling well. He leaned over to me during sacrament meeting... and then got sick again. Ironically the mission nurse called us just before sacrament and left a voicemail.So we texted her and told her we were at church... she then said that we should be at home!! So... we stayed at church, mostly because we were teaching during the second hour and didn't want to have to throw that on our Branch Mission leader last minute... but needless to say... I WOULD MUCH RATHER BE TRACTING THAN BEING IN THIS APARTMENT!!!!!!!
I feel SO USELESS!!! But its okay. I've had some pretty BOMB studies while I've been in here. Locked in with only P-Day in sight. SO, that is why I have one of my favorite songs as the subject of this weeks email. Cuz I've gone a little nUtz...

But on a serious note, this week was awesome. I sure miss Elder Mathews a lot. He and I got really close in the 6 weeks we were together. So proud... So proud.

We were able to set 2 baptismal dates this week! One of them is the girlfriend of a member, and the other is a former investigator. I am so excited! Hopefully that we can teach and help them come closer to God. 

Oh man as I have studied today, I have learned that this church is the only true church! There is no other. It is a very BOLD statement, yes, but I know and believe it with my whole heart and soul. I want everyone to understand why it is so important to be baptized by someone holding the authority of God. The Bible testifies of "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) There is only one way. The Bible also testifies that people will wander away from God. Not.. might, but there will be a falling away. Once again the Bible says, "Behold the days come... that I will send a famine in the land... and they shall wander... to and fro to seek the word of the Lord and shall not find it." (Amos 8:11-12) The Authority left the earth, but i know that BECAUSE GOD LOVES US SO MUCH, He promises us that he will show us the way. He gave us a prophet, Joseph Smith, who wondered which church was true. Who wanted to know why there were many churches. So he decided to take up the challenge extended in James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God." He went into that grove of trees, knelt down and received that answer. He says "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me... When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other--This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" 

I know that this church is true. No doubt. I love my mission. It has changed me more than anything has. I can see it. I looked into the mirror the other night and saw who God has turned me into. I cant wait to look into MY mirror at home in a year and 6 weeks to see how much more God has changed me.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Love yall
Reese

This is our super sketchy bench press

Will and Ashleys wedding

We cover 2 areas. Its, how a famous President once said "HUUUGGGEEEE"

Elder Mathews and Sis. Gray were able to skype into the wedding the other day! #MoFordliveson 

No comments:

Post a Comment