Monday, January 30, 2017

Don't blink, just like when you're 6 years old and you take a nap...

Wowza this transfer went by very quickly. I think it is because of how much stuff went on. Let's see. Let's take a journey on what happened this transfer-- Elder Taylor and I whitewash into CV1. (Clarksville 1) Pranks get played on us by the former sisters and some members. Baptism tossed at us 2 days after we get here. New investigators galore. (We found over 60 new investigators in the past 7 weeks)Baptism of Courtney. Teaching finding-- Baptism of Ase. Elkton Choir. I get called to serve in Morgontown, KY. 

Yup that just about sums it up. Ya there is a lot more but it's been a crazy fast transfer. Fastest of my mission. This week I hit my 9 month mark which is just insane to me. I still remember day 1 very well. 

So this week we sure did have a lot of fun. On Tuesday we went to Elkton KY to go sing in a interfaith Christian choir thingy and all the missionaries in the Zone were present except one companionship. It was so much fun. We actually sang pretty well for not having a lot of time to prepare. I will be posting the video on the family photo share as soon as I send this off. It was super cool cuz some baptist family also sang. Oh boy. Any ideas that you have about them singing are probably correct. That will also be posted. 

The new mission schedule was announced! It's pretty cool because Pres. Stone asked for permission for us to start living it a few weeks ago. But I am super excited for all y'all missionaries to be able to participate in this exciting time. Thank goodness for continual revelation. Can I get an Amen??

Other than that not too much happened. On Thursday night Elders Sargent and Hamilton got a phone call from Pres. Stone because Elder Sargent is a former AP and gets filled in on a whole lot of info. So we found out that stuff was going down in the district from them. On Friday Pres. Stone called us and gave us leadership assignments. He called elder Taylor to be the new district leader here and I will be moving to Morgontown KY to be a district leader up there. Super excited because it is still in the Stake. So I will still see some people around every once in a while. 

That's about it! Hope y'all enjoy some of the pictures I took this week! 

I know that this church is true. No doubt in my mind. I think about how hard this life is at times but then the though comest to my mind... it doesn't matter how hard it is. We need to work our hardest. If people make fun of us and try and tear us down, they shall have their reward. God knows our hearts. The life after this will be so peaceful. We don't even know how great it will be. But how happy will we be when we work our whole life and then are able to dwell with God once again? It will be so worth it. So keep working hard and keep living Gods standards even if the world isn't. 

Love y'all. 
Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment