Monday, October 3, 2016

Time falls away, but these small hours, these little wonders, still remain.


Well, I am now in a new area. Murray Kentucky. And the way I want to describe this area is.... think of your typical southern small town. Now add a college of 18,000 students to that. That is exactly what Murray is. I love it. There is a place that is called New Concord down south a little of me which people say is the reason the movie Deliverance was made. I kinda wanna go down there to see what it's like. 

So far this area is so very different than Sango. The people here are soooo different. So humble, so kind. Sango consisted of what any normal city is. 

This week was really tough. No work has been going on here for a little while, so we are trying to get things started... it's going to be hard... really hard. My companion Elder Coburn, is from Logan Utah.  This will be an interesting transfer. He was on the debate team in high school, so if you know me at all and how much I argue points and such, he is worse than me. This will be fun... 

There are some days where I seriously have no feelings at all. Where I really just want to break down and cry. For no reason at all. Just go into the bathroom and cry my eyes out. I have no idea why but that's how I felt on Thursday. There were a few times where we were driving in the car and I just wanted to start sobbing for whatever reason. I don't know why. 

I am so sorry that this email is all over the place. Not too much happened this week. We are going to start working with a lot of less active/part member families. Last night we went to a families home and they were awesome. G (dad) hasn't been active for years but loves having missionaries over to his house. His son, L, is super good at trap shooting. And by good I mean he is 2nd in the nation for trap shooting. (Dad tell Bishop Brown about him) He is so good. He doesn't have too much money so they don't have the nicest guns but he doesn't care. He still shoots better than anyone else out there. He will go out there and shoot a 199/200 (hit 199 out of 200) Such a cool family. They have a bunch of stories about going hunting and killing a bunch of different things from deer to bobcats to Coyotes. Super cool family. 

Not much else happened this week. Although I feel the hunger that I had at BYUH coming back. Where I was ALWAYS HUNGRY!!! That's starting to come back... not looking forward to the $$$ that I will spend. 

Anyway that's about it for the week. Conference was BOMB. 

Love y'all


 Reese 


No comments:

Post a Comment