Monday, October 17, 2016

Take your cat and leave my sweater cuz we have nothing left to weather in fact I'll feel a whole lot better if you'll think of me

We used so many miles this week.... oh my goodness... We had to drive to Hopkinsville to go to Zone Conference and it was over 50 miles one way. So we ended up using 120 miles total that day... we weren't too happy but it was super fun to go see all my friends and fellow missionaries over there. It was a little sad because there were a few missionaries like Elder Adair who I probably won't see again...he goes home in 3 weeks now. He and I got pretty close even though we only knew each other for a few transfers. 

It's also getting a little strange as I get closer to my 6 month mark, getting to know other missionaries becomes a lot easier. For example, WOAH! Side note. Example just auto corrected to "exams please." Those should never go next to each other. Never. Anyway, for example, Elder Briscoe and Elder Sanders serve nowhere near me, I've only met them a couple times and we are good friends! Like, I don't know it's weird. It's kinda like when we were at school and you really didn't know anyone for too long and you got to know them really well. Or you just clicked with other people and things kinda just happened. That's what is starting to happen with me. Other elders and I become pretty close after really only seeing each other a couple times. 

I guess I should probably tell y'all about what's going on here in Murray. Not much. Not too much... it's going to be a pretty tough area. It was interesting, the other day ago we were in Wendy's getting some food and I saw this guy looking at us. I thought to myself Oh no. He is going to do something to us... But I sit down and start eating and he walked over to us and had a really nice conversation with us! He asked us how the people were treating us, if they were accepting our message and so on. He didn't want to hear about our telefilm because he is a baptist but he was concerned for us. Things like that make me feel so much better about working in the south. Even if people don't wanna hear your message, they want you to help someone. 

That's pretty much it for the week. Hope y'all have a good week!

Love 

Reese
Saw some, how you say, Strange Clouds

Last time I will see my good buddy Elder Adair

The fall festival on Saturday!! There was a chili cook off and we were the judges! SO MUCH GOOD CHILI!

#PaduchaGold!! Zone pic 


No comments:

Post a Comment