Monday, October 10, 2016

Yeah the view I love the most, is my front porch looking in

What an interesting week! I feel like I always say that but that's how it is down here! It was SUPER hard finding people to talk to. We are trying get into contact with people who are on our roster who haven't been contacted yet. Most of the people who haven't been contacted are college age students. So we went around and tried to talk to them. We didn't get a single door opened. We then noticed that there were no cars parked at any of the doors including the ones around them. Also no one was at school. We then remembered. Fall break. No one was home. 

So! That was pretty much a bust but we did have some pretty cool experiences this past week. We got to do a lot of service. There is a family in the Ward who can't get to church because the wife has alzheimer's or dementia  and she can't get around. He has a hurt back so you know how it is dad. Can't bend lift or twist. So we went out and helped him clear brush, like branches twigs sticks, and put them into a huge pile which will later be burnt. This pile is hugeeee. Like 4 foot tall x 20 foot long. And there is still more stuff to put on it. It was awesome to be able to help him out. 

He is also getting very lonely so we just sat and talked to him for a while as well. We hardly said a word. I actually tried to say, "well we gotta go." But he just kept on talking. So we just listened and listened. He is such a nice guy. We will probably be going out there to help him out every other week or so. 

Yesterday after church we went and visited a lady in the hospital. She isn't in our ward. She is in Calvert city's branch. She has had a pretty hard life of probably drugs and smoking and other things. She has the nicest heart and wants to do good now even though she is suffering the consequences from the thing she has done in the past... she has chronic bronchitis and y'all know. Ain't nobody got time for that. But she also has pneumonia. So she wanted a blessing. So we went and talked to her for about an hour. She told us straight up she is very lonely and was so appreciative of us going to talk and give her a blessing. That warmed my heart. 

Well that's pretty much it for this week... Something weird is happening though. IM HAVING DREAMS! I haven't dreamed in such a long time. I guess because I don't have a phone to entertain me anymore, my mind can do that by itself! It's awesome. Last night I had a dream about Derek and for some reason I was down there in Bolivia. And a few nights ago I dreamed I was back in Hawaii with Hannah and Sarah and others . So that's fun and sad at the same time.... but ya! Have a great week y'all! 

Love ya! 
Reese
Temple pic from Wednesday... its the best one we got...

I almost bought this for Pa the other day. 

Nuff said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment