Monday, October 24, 2016

I'm gonna leave this world for a while; and I'm free, free fallin...

This week was one of the hardest yet best weeks on my mission. Not defined by success but by a change in me. My desire to work. 

So, starting on Wednesday I went on an exchange with Elder Olsen over there in Paris. Yes. Paris Tennessee. Home of the little Eiffel Tower. Anyway, I went down there and I made a new friend. Elder Olsen and I got pretty close and we were able to become pretty darn good friends after this exchange. We were able to go tracting for a little and we handed out 3 Book of Mormons out of doors. After that we then went to the most solid referral, ever. She was so awesome and told us her life story. She grew up in Dresden Tennessee which is just south of Paris. She was abused both sexually and physically. She saw her dad kill her mother. She then got into drugs and that sort of lifestyle. Living on the streets. But then a few years ago she said she had an awakening. She all of a sudden didn't want to do any of the stuff anymore. She was still addicted but wanted to be happy. She prayed to God and asked for help. She found Him. She was able to develop a love for him and find happiness. But now she wants more. So she seemed out the Book of Mormon. I'll update you in a few weeks about her;) --Again. This is while I was down in Paris. Not my area. I wish tho. 



Father in Heaven has answered my prayers.  I have been sent on a journey that I have been told is super hard. And I am living it right now. I keep getting out of the saddle and trying to do it on my own but it doesn't work like that. I need to stay in the saddle and trust God. Trust that he knows where I need to go. 

Well that's pretty much it for the week. I got some cool pics this week tho! 

I love all y'all. 

Have a great week

Reese 









This was a referral that we went to go visit down in Paris. This was like... the boonies of the boonies. This was in the middle of nowhere. That trailer is about 7 feet off the ground. Why? I have no idea. There are ladders going to the doors in the back. 

I found Waldo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment