Wednesday, February 7, 2018

So much more than this

This past week was full of a lot of events. It all started off with zone conference down in Nashville last Thursday. I said goodbye to some of my good friends who shared their departing testimonies. Its really sad getting old in the mission field because all of your friends go home. I was looking around the room filled with missionaries and I thought to myself, I don't know hardly anyone in here. Everyone was super young and here I am with a transfer and a half left. 

Then my week continued on with exchanges with the Zone Leaders which were great! I got to go with my good buddy elder Ensign. He and I have been on about 5 exchanges together so quite a bit. Apparently I'm tied for 2nd most exchanges. But elder persons, he is my district leader, has been on 11 exchanges with Elder Ensign. So... I'm kinda close. Haha but we went and walked around in the cold all day long. I'm still trying to recover bit by bit from my illness a few weeks ago so I was once again coughing a lung out.... Sick of it. 

Sunday was fast and testimony meeting! Since I knew that elder stucki and I would probably be leaving next week at transfers I figured I should probably get up and share my testimony. As I fasted and prayed during the day I came to realize that God has a plan for me. Sometimes I need to make decisions on my own and only ask him to tell me if what I'm doing is wrong because there may be a lot of correct directions. Thst might not make a whole lot of sense to yall but since I know what I was trying to figure out, it makes sense to me. 

We had a great lesson with a girl who hadn't been super interested in meeting with us before. We discussed the book of Mormon with her for about an hour! We asked her if she wanted to get closer to God. She told us she felt like she wasnt super close to him... We promised her that if she read the book of Mormon that she would fell God more in her life. 

Love yall! 

Reese

Headed to a dinner appointment 

The zone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment