Wednesday, December 13, 2017

[Elder] It’s cold outside...

Yep, it’s definitely starting to get pretty chilly outside. Yesterday we went out tracting in the morning and it was like 32 with a wind chill of like 22... So that was no fun. I can take the cold! As long as there is no wind. We gonna be alright! 

We definitely had an interesting past week. Including visits to the ER, a member gave us a little Christmas tree, me beong sick.... Again, nativity festival. It was good! 

So I did not go to the ER. Elder Hamilton, a Spanish missionary who I live with, was biking and didn't see this little wall hiding behind a bush so he smashed his future between it and his bike peddal. We were all really surprised that he didn't break anything. Just a pretty bad bruise. 

We went and visited a member this week and they asked us if we had a Christmas tree. We told them that we had some lights pinned to the wall in a triangle to replicate a tree. So the mom went back I to the other room and she brought out a little boxed tree. She said that she was thinking about us the other day at the store and bought us this tree! It was awesome! 

So last week I told yall I had a cold. So, i tried pushing through it a for a few days but on Friday afternoon I was dying. I pushed all the way through till 9:00 but then I said fine! I'll rest. So I slept from 10:00 on Friday night, til about 8:00 the next morning, then fell back asleep around 10:30 AM, then had lunch at 1:00. Fell back asleep and woke up at like 5. Soooo I guess I really needed to let my body heal it's self. I did have a side affect though. I didn't fall asleep on Saturday night until about 2:30... So whatever. I'm good now! 10:30-6:30 sleep schedule is back in working order. 

The Nativity festival was so amazing!!! There were so many nativities there! They were from all over the world! There were probably over 100 different sets. I just got a package from Lexi this week that completed her nativity set she sent me last year and it is so adorable! Thank you so much lexi! I wish that I could have been able to place it on one of the tables during the festival but it's okay. I love it!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR 19!!!!! YOU'RE OLD!!!!!!!! 

That's about it for the week! In the Christmas season I think so much about my family. Even more than normal. I think back to setting up our Christmas tree. Last week dad send me an email talking about how he doesn't know how Noone has gotten hurt due to setting up the lights on our home. I think about going up to Gamie and Pa's house for Christmas day and being with the entire "Reese" family! (For those who don't know, my mom's last name was Reese before she got married) I think back to getting ready for Christmas break on da Aina. Back at BYUH. All the pretty lightsaround the Palm Trees. I love this Christmas season. Although, it is very hard as a missionary. But, because of what Christ did for me, because of the true meaning of Christmas, I will joyfully continue to serve, continue to work and preach the gospel, even if it means being away from home, family and friends for just one more holiday season. Christ means everything to me. Even though I know I'm not even close to being perfect, I hope  and pray that I can come somewhat close someday. 

Love yall 

Reese 

So we think there was a problem here 


This is the nativity festival! Only half of it. There was more behind me. 


Lexi sent this to me it's adorable 


No comments:

Post a Comment