Wednesday, November 29, 2017

O holy night, the stars were brightly shining

Thanksgiving was a really special day! As yall know Pdays were changed to Wednesdays, so we now have transfers the day after PDay, Thursday. So elder Hamblin left me, and is headed home and I received Elder Stucki! Pronounced Stücki. He is from just outside of Seattle Washington in a city called Renton. He sang in choir all throughout high school and loves Christmas. He has been pretty excited to be able to start listening to Christmas music. He keeps telling me about his flash drive that his mom is going to send him with a bunch of christmas music on it and I'm just like, Yo, I got apple music. Hahaha none the less he is stoked for Christmas. 

Its weird training again. If yall remember to 14 months ago I trained a new missionary. Lemme tell you what. It is 100% different types training now, being 18 moths in than it was only being out 3. It makes me understand how much you really learn as a missionary. It's also very humbling because it kinda forces me to slow down and look at things from a newbie perspective. I'm so very grateful that the Lord has trusted me to help another new missionary. I'm doing my best to help him become the best missionary he can be!

We had a rough week in regards to teaching people. We found a couple families to teach but it's so GOSH DANG HARD to teach these families because they "No hablo  the Ingles." I have noticed that there are a bunch of kids/teens who are getting baptized but are going inactive because the parents aren't. So we really need to find a way to get adults involved in the gospel more. What we are trying to find is a strong African family who will be active and will be willing to help us start/restart a Swahili/kinorwanda group. We are running into the problem that these families don't want to come to church because the don't understand a thing that happens. Not a word. Does anyone have suggestions? We've thought about giving them some translation headsets and playing a general conference talk but that kinda seems like lying. I don't know. HELP!! 


Thats just about it for the week! I CAN'T BELIEVE CHRIS IS WHITEWASH TRAINING!!! I saw that email from him on Sunday night and cried. I was so happy. I told some of the other missionaries and they were like "Next AP" Get ready Chris! 

Love yall! Have a great week! 

Love 
Reese 



No comments:

Post a Comment