Monday, December 18, 2017

Here come Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus Lane

I honestly and truly cannot believe that Christmas is almost here. I remember a year ago when I was back in Clarksville with Elder Taylor. And now here I am with only 5 months left in the service of God. Time is truly an amazing thing. 

Earlier tonight we were walking down the highway, away from an apartment complex that our investigator Moise lives in. We had been trying to contact him but to no avail. To be honest, I am starting to feel the effects of being an older missionary. Tired all of the time. Even more than I used to be. Starting to not want to do the work anymore... You know. Just Satan working on me. As I was walking in front of Elder Stucki, I started to pray out loud, very quietly. But I just said, Father please help me get the drive and motivation, the will power to work hard. As I kept walking I looked up and said, I never realized that that apartment complex was here! So we began walking towards it. We get to it and a lot of lights are out in it. So I start to walk by it, then I said "Get over yourself Reese!!!" Out loud... Run up to the door and knock on it.  No escape now lol 

So by the end of the night we found 2 new investigators. We have been struggling to find any for the past few weeks. Pretty sure we will go back to that complex and finish tracting it out. God answers prayers. 

So the reason PDay is on monday is that on Wednesday we have Zone Conference. On Tuesday we are going to the Bishops Storehouse down in Goodlettsville TN to do service there. Last week there were about 70 orders filled out. I would Der how many are going to be done tomorrow with it being the week before Christmas. Should be fun! 

On Friday we messaged Nene on Facebook and asked her if she had been praying about baptism at all. She told us that she prays about it every day. She has been too stressed with school and other things to worry about baptism. But now that school is over we can help her work towards baptism. Hopefully she can be baptized before she goes up to BYUI on January 5th. Yes. A non member planning to go to BYU. She has been to church a bunch of times but now all she needs to do is be taught the lessons! Exciting stuff:) 

Love yall! 

Yo sé que Jesucristo vive


Love yall! 
Reese 


Elder Stucki drinking out of an "ALE" glass lol

The van says "Scrubs N more" that's basically our district. The elders are the scrubs the sisters are the n more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment