Monday, August 14, 2017

If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

I am so excited this week for a few different reasons. One of the being th the Chris leaves on his mission. Chris I'm so proud of you. I hope you don't just go on a mission. Become a missionary. Work hard and you will find happiness. Any missionary can attest to that. Make sure to talk to everyone, it's really hard but the sooner on your mission you learn how to do it, the easier it will be. 

The other reason why I'm excited for this week is we are getting fed every day this week! I've come to love food so much more. Mom I'm sorry I was such a picky eater. I eat just about everything now. Just thinking about it right now I'm getting hungry. 

This past week we knocked on a lot of doors. We are tracting so much. Talking to so many people. We haven't been able to find as many people as we did last week but that's alright. 


So quick run down of the week. 

Monday-  PDay 

Tuesday-got addicted to Body Armor-exchanges with Fairview elders (Elder Ensign and Neuenschuander) try to say that name 5x fast haha

Wednesday-district meeting in Fairview with the STLs. We had an awesome with a recent converts family! Lexie Knutson got baptized last transfer and we are now teaching her mom named Ginger! She will probably get baptized in September. Hopefully! 

Thursday-service at a food bank and weeded a members yard.(Pro tip-- They call weed wackers "weed eaters" out here.--oh side note. Shopping carts are called buggies) We also had dinner at an awesome families home! They love out in the middle of the country. Super small humble home but they have about 5 acres of property, with horses, a barn, and some a few fields. Let's just say, dream house.

Friday-weekly planning. 

Saturday-ELDER QUIRINGS BDAY!!!!!! What a crazy day. Some awesome members fed us dinner last minute! The member who was supposed to feed us ended up having to cancel Cuz the kids got the flu so we asked this other family if they would feed us for his Bday.  The Neelys. They are awesome. Had some burgers and hotdogs. 

Sunday- Day of Rest--Or sometimes the busiest day of the week. Running around church trying to set up member lessons ect. You know the good stuff. 

Anyway guy I love my mission. I kinda got a kick on the butt today from a recently returned missionary. She gave a talk and I just kept thinking. Dang. I need to work harder. I want to become so much better than I am now. I know what I can accomplish. Now the question is how much can I get done with God's help? Oh also. Your desire to share the gospel is a direct correlation with your conversion to the gospel. So. If you think you are converted to the gospel. Are you sharing it? Or do you still need to become converted? And of course. Every time you share the gospel will not lead to someone changing their life. But. You can't hit the ball if you don't swing. 

Love yall,

Reese

Pretty cool barn we found. 

Me-Elder New-Elder Ensign-Elder Quiring. 

Look for the pizza man. Tracting at night.... Creepy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment