Monday, June 19, 2017

Rain is a good thing

-Sometimes it doesn't seem like it. I hate biking in the rain so much. With a burning passion if I do say so myself. Mostly because water gets EVERYWHERE. And I mean everywhere.... even if its not raining anymore. BLEH. 

This week was a heck of a lot better than the last one. I'm finally starting to get settled into my new area in my new assignment as a zone leader. I really want sometimes to just lay down on the side of the road and take a nap because of how tired I get during the day. Running around, doing who knows what. Well, that's a lie. Doing missionary work. 

I have a feeling that this transfer is going to BLOW by. Even this last week seems like it flew by. We do exchanges almost every week, we drive a long way to district meetings. My zone actually boarders the Alabama boarder. I think I'm about 2 hours away from that, so it's pretty big. 

We went on exchanges with the Assistants this week. It was really interesting to see, they do the same thing that we are doing. Knocking doors. Teaching people. Struggling to find. All of these problems are things that all missionaries deal with. Even the "Examples for the mission." The AP are great examples. They do a great job of doing missionary work and are really fun people to be around. I learned a bunch during our exchange.

Other than that, not a whole bunch happened this week. It all seems like a blur. Getting used to this ward is still going to be a struggle. There are so many people and Elder Overfield knows all of them. Names, detailed information about them. He has been here for over 6 months. So that's one of the many struggles that are going on but everything is going great. If you want to find a way to be happy/stay happy? Share the gospel. Be a missionary. 

Chris leaves on his mission in 2 months. You will leave during my next transfer. I cannot believe that at all. First of all I'll

only have 9.5 months left, second of all. YOU'RE LEAVING ON A MISSION!!!!! I'm so excited for you.

I love my mission. Quote of the year!!!! Maybe even of my life.   

“Come as you are,” a loving Father says to each of us, but He adds, “Don’t plan to stay as you are.”--- Elder Holland 

Please, those of you who my be struggling, or even not struggling. Come. Learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Come strengthen your faith that you already have. God wants you here. He wants you as you are at this moment. He will change you. He will make you into your best self.

Love 
Reese

Me too T-Shirt

The AC broke this week.......

No comments:

Post a Comment