Monday, December 5, 2016

I wonder what God wants for Christmas

I've been so happy the past few weeks now that I can play Christmas music!!! I've downloaded soooo much from Scotty Mcreary, Darius Rucker--> Subject line<--, Tim McGraw, Josh Groban, Michael BublĂ©, and all other classic Christmas music. Yesterday being fast Sunday I really wanted to get up to share my testimony about this special Christmas season, but something told me not to. While I was playing with this idea not to share my testimony during sacrament meeting I listened to SO many great testimonies shared by others. It was really amazing to see 2 recent converts in the Ward get up there and share their conversion story, and for me just to listen today. I know that my testimony was increased by listening to theirs. It was also amazing because there was a steady line of people going up the whole time. No pauses, no awkwardness when no one stands up to talk, it was just fantastic. Now with a ward of about 75 people, that is super impressive. 

So I just have a few things I want to say about this week because not too much happened. First of all it's starting to get a bit chilly outside. I know it can't really compare to my friends serving in Sweden (@noelleyoung) or even Utah (@kaylinyoung) but it's getting cold! I'm really enjoying it. Waking up and just peaking my head outside for feel that 
crisp humid cold air is really great. Something that is really funny about it is that it really does chill you to the bone. Even after a few seconds. And it's only like 40 degrees F. outside. It's awesome. 

Anyway this week was a good one. We were able to visit so many single sisters in the Ward which was so much fun. They are mostly older and love to talk. 

I'm not sure if y'all go to Gospel Principles but this last week was on the Final Judgement. Elder Coburn was asked to give the lesson. So he gave a GREAT lesson! 

Other than that this week was a pretty good one. I'm not to sure how or why it was.... but it was. It was super fast. It's kinda funny. I look forward to P-Day as like a mile marker. It's like I close my eyes on Monday nights and then alll of a sudden, I wake up and it's Pday again. It's great. Today we are driving up to Paducah to play Pakistani with the whole zone. I'm pretty darn excited. I can still throw pretty darn fast but there is one elder who can throw probably 10-15 mph faster than me. He is a Spanish Elder. Elder Berryhill. He is a legend in the mission. Dad you know how there are those missionaries that you want to be exactly like? Ya we have a lot of those in this mission. One of the APs right now, Elder Ty Hinds, is an absolute BEAST. He won state in track for the 100m dash, and is going to play football for Weber state after his mission. He is also a STUD of a missionary. Well of course he is cuz he is an AP... but yeah. There are some pretty awesome missionaries in this mission. 

We are expecting snow this week!!!! I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!! Also Elder Kliebengat is coming on Thursday! I'm super excited about that as well.

We have been doing so much service for people for the #lighttheworld project! It's been so great going to some elderly people in the Ward who need some help taking leaves or doing other things around the house that need to be done. It is such a blessing for me to be able to help them. 

Transfer calls are on Saturday! So we will find out what is goin on then. I'll report to y'all then:) 

I love y'all! Hope you have a great week. Make sure to find ways to #lighttheworld

Love,
Reese

 Thanks mom! (mom note - I told him to go get a small table top tree. That one does not seem to be sitting on a table)


                When you are a man, you sometimes like to spread shaving cream, all over your face... just for fun. 


Throw back Monday #HILYFE ( mom note again - this is one of his favorite pictures form Christmas last year in Hawaii of Christopher and Kaitlyn)


No comments:

Post a Comment