Monday, August 22, 2016

Don't let me , don't let me, don't let me down, don't let me down down down **BEAT DROPS**

Well this week was crazy. So crazy. To start off I am training a new
guy. His name is elder case from Pocatello Idaho. He is pretty cool!
He kinda started off his mission the way you would dream of it. Going
from lesson to lesson with people who have a baptismal date. But I
keep telling him, this isn't how the missionary work is here. It's
usually knocking doors. And then going to a new spot to knock doors.
Anyway, it's been an awesome week.

The O's and C were baptized on Saturday. It was such a great
experience. I think almost half the Ward came out for it!! It was so
awesome. We had to move from the relief society room to the chapel to
be able to fit everyone in the room where we had the talks and stuff.
But the chapel was nearly full! Elder Jessop was able to come up to
the baptism with his new comp and president stone and his fam bam. The
baptism was so spiritual. G, who is like 6'5", knelt in the font
so that he wouldn't hit his head on the wall or anything. N is
starting to get really mad that she can't hug us! She keeps telling us
that we just need to "deal with her being motherly" towards us. I love
that family. I can't wait to see them go to the temple and be sealed
for time and all eternity.

Really, other than that this week was really chill. I need to focusing
on what's important. Making sure that I am not "hanging
out" with people but that I'm helping people grow closer to their
Father in Heaven. I need to continue to work on remembering my purpose
which is to "Invite other to come unto Christ by helping them receive
the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement,
repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring
to the end." These words that we recite each morning along with "The
vision of the south" are always in my head.

The thought that keeps me going is that Grant (cousin)
is going home I think this week. It feels like he just left a year or
so ago. I coulda sworn I just liked one of his pictures on insta a few
weeks before I left.


Anyway I'm so happy for the opportunity I had to find the Os and
teach them. They are such an amazing family. C is also just such an
amazing girl who was just beaming when she got baptized. I am so
grateful that I can continue to teach them for at least another 12
weeks.

I got some awesome letters from my awesome cousin Cady and the Rocklin
Maxfield clan. Thanks y'all. It made my week!!

That's pretty much it for the week! So I hope y'all have a good one!

Love 
Reese
So from left to right: Elder Jessop, N, A, C, G, Yours truly--A in front 

Another one with our new comps in

Who needs a filter when you've got Tennessee sunsets like dis one right herrr

No comments:

Post a Comment