Monday, June 13, 2016

Aloha! Buenos Dias Amigos!

Aloha! Buenos Dias Amigos!

Finally! Elder Jessop and I had a great week! We have been praying so
haaarrrddd for people to find and teach. We placed 6 Books of Mormon
this week! It's been fantastic! We have an appointment with a sister
later tonight who is interested in the church. She is super nice and
really wants to know more. Hopefully she opens the door tonight. Ummm
what else did we do this week.... Hmmmmm OH!

As a companionship we are going to start doing a ton of service. We
have mowed 3 lawns in the past few days. One of the sisters we mowed a
lawn for had about 3 acres of grass. Took so long to mow but it was
cool because I got to use a zero turn mower. They are super cool.
That's all I have to say about that.

Last night we taught someone who had a lot of questions. They are new converts and have a strong faith in God and Jesus
Christ. BUT. Key word. But. They still believe in the Bible a loottttt
which is good! A strong faith in the bible is good! But, they don't
have as strong of a faith in the Book of Mormon. They brought up the
topic of, who created the earth, because we teach in the Plan of
Salvation lesson that Jesus Christ created the earth. In Genesis it
talks about God. And that's it. Elder Jessop and I were stumped. We
had no clue what to say. I brought up the Pear of great price in Moses
2:1 how it says that through Jesus Christ God created the earth. But
they want it out of the bible. HELP. If any of y'all know how to
answer this out of the bible please email me at anytime this week. I
can read emails but just can't respond until Monday.

That's pretty much it for the week. The work is progressing. My
homesickness is starting to come upon me more and more. I think as my
friends leave on their missions in the next few months or so it'll get
better.

I'm so proud of my friend Christian getting baptized this week!
Congratulations bro! Proud of you for making a great decision in your
life to bring you closer to God.

Have a great week y'all. Thank you for your love and prayers.

Love,
Elder Reese Maxfield


This is a dog. Reminder. I have 32 inch long legs. He weighs about 200 lbs and is about 6 feet long. BASICALLY biggest dawg I ever did see. His name is Cosmo and is soooo nice! Lots of bark and everything else! But no bite;)



After we mowed the lawn. Sis Beck fed us this shrimp boil. It was corn, sausage, shrimp, oranges, potatoes and some other things. It was soooo goodddd!! We ate it just like that. No forks/plates just with hands and the table! So much fun! So delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment