Thursday, May 12, 2016

Week 1

Good Morning Amurica!

So my first week her ein the MTC has been such a great experience! I have grown so much in the gospel and my faith in God and Jesus Christ. So basically here is my week.

Wednesday May 4th:
I got to the MTC and was introduced to my district! I came to love them all very quickly. My companion is Elder Cox from St. George Utah. He is super tall and is very quiet. Basically the opposite of me. I have learned that you can start to love people so quickly. I have began to love my whole district so very much. 

Thursday May 5th:
Today was the start of my realization that i am in Spirit prison. The spirit is so strong here but i want out!!!! My classroom is so small and we have 10000947389743 other missionaries in there at the same time. Its okay because I know that it is what I need and will help me come closer to God. 

Friday May 6th: 
Best day on my mission thus far. I am feeling the spirit of the lord work inside of me, helping me progress. Finally was able to get out and go play volleyball with the other elders and sisters. That night i was also able to give a few of the Sisters in our district a blessing of comfort. This was such a fantastic experience. I will never forget the way we all felt during and after the blessing.

Saturday May 7th:
Pretty normal day, well as close to normal as you can get in the MTC. Still working on growing and coming closer to Christ.

Sunday May 8th:
Made it to sunday!!! Sundays are pretty normal here. Just like back at home. Meetings all day long, Sacrament meeting ect. I was called to me the Zone leader! So i am in charge of the well being of 3 districts. So thats exciting.

Monday May 9th:
Taught our first investigator today. It was hard. That is all...

Tuesday May 10th:
Taught our investigators again today. I learned that you cannot focus on yourself. If you do that you CANNOt teach what the Lord wants you to teach. 

Wednesday May 11th: 

Investigators finally made progress!!!! Invited each of them to be baptized. Although they didn't accept at the moment, they have the desire to know if this church is true. Im sooooo happy!!

Something that has been so cool is that i have gotten to personally talk and eat with the MTC president. Since there arent that many people here he sits by us all the time.


                                                              This is my district! I love them all
 Found some of my Hawaii friends!! Sis. Brown and Sis. Young standing next to each other. 2nd and 3rd from the right

Okay last one. This is everyone in our district going to Nashville! Elder Cox (Tall guy) Sis McFarland and Sis. Flaherty. I have love them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment